New install issues

I am dropping Kanboard in favor of Leantime. My system is Ubuntu 20.10, Apache 2.4.46, PHP 8.0.3 and MySQL 8.0.23.

When i install, all seems to go as planned. I then go to the login screen, which seems to appear as normal. If I type in bad credentials, it tells me so. If I type the proper credential, I get a “this page isn’t working, intranet is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500.”.

The paths seem correct, the image on the login page appears, it can communicate with the database, and use of the install works without producing any errors. Attached here is what appears in the Apache log file, does anyone have ideas on where the issue might be?

[Thu Mar 18 04:31:05.798819 2021] [php:notice] [pid 2995076] [client 127.0.0.1:57520] PHP Notice: spl_autoload_register(): Argument #2 ($do_throw) has been ignored, spl_autoload_register() will always throw in /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/core/class.autoload.php on line 10
[Thu Mar 18 04:31:05.845998 2021] [php:error] [pid 2995076] [client 127.0.0.1:57520] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: PDOStatement::setFetchMode(): Argument #2 must be a valid class in /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/domain/reports/repositories/class.reports.php:169\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/domain/reports/repositories/class.reports.php(169): PDOStatement->setFetchMode()\n#1 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/domain/reports/services/class.reports.php(33): leantime\domain\repositories\reports->checkLastReportEntries()\n#2 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/domain/dashboard/controllers/class.show.php(35): leantime\domain\services\reports->dailyIngestion()\n#3 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/core/class.frontcontroller.php(148): leantime\domain\controllers\show->__construct()\n#4 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/core/class.frontcontroller.php(107): leantime\core\frontcontroller->executeAction()\n#5 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/core/class.application.php(91): leantime\core\frontcontroller->run()\n#6 /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/public/index.php(41): leantime\core\application->start()\n#7 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/intranet/vendor/leantime/src/domain/reports/repositories/class.reports.php on line 169

Doing a bit of digging since I posted this, I have found that the issue is I was using PHP8.0, which is apparently not supported at this time. I had made the assumption it was ok per the requirement of “PHP 7.2 and up”. This is not the end of the world as I can set PHP alternatives to 7.4 without damaging anything else on my system, but I would like to note that PHP 8.0 is a current stable release…

8.0.3 - 4 March 2021

I also see that development is working on this, so maybe the info provided above can help. I also wanted to note that MySQL 8 seems to work without issues, which is not noted as approved in the requirements.

Additionally, I am willing to help test out any changes to support PHP 8, changing versions takes only a minute to do.

Thanks for the update. We are working on PHP 8 support. This should come within the next couple weeks.