Config locatio of docker deploy

Hi,

First off, thanks for developing such an interesting projct!!

I wanted to try Leantime for a small project between friends and I deployed it via docker.

I wanted to know where the config file (and the webserver files actually) are saved.
Are they all internal? Shouldn’t the config file be persistent through updates?

Best,

Hi,

Thanks and welcome!
The leantime config file is within the container in config/configuration.php it will be created when you run the container. Updates don’t affect the configuration file as it is not part of the update flow and only created once. A few users have mounted the config folder to the local file system to be able to persist the config file. You can find more on those discussions here: https://github.com/Leantime/docker-leantime/issues/13

Hi Marcel,

Thanks a lot!

I will try to set up the leantime docker like this:

Best,

1 Like

Hi Marcel,

I have specified an external folder for the config during docker setup.
However, upon restarting the docker container, this folder does not get populated with the config file.

I would love to have the config file available to change the SMTP settings and for backup purposes. Is there any way to get it out of an already setup docker instance?

Best,

Hi,

Please try to set up leantime first and then mount the folder later. This will allow you to see the config file. We are working on a few changes to allow mounting the drive upon first initialization

Thanks for your answer.

So just to see if I got this right, I start my Docker instance and set everything up.
Then I stop it, mount a config folder like so

-v /local_dir/config:/config

and then restart my Docker.

Leantime should then move the config file outside of the non-persistent docker environment.

Is this correct?

That is correct from my understanding